IAPPL Full Course Details
MODULE 1. IAPPL PRACTICE OF THE FUTURE – FOUNDATION COURSE
A 3-day seminar that is delivered as a 15-hour online course. This Foundation Course includes the following curriculum components. Available NOW.
- Gathering the Facts – what’s going on?
- Intake & History – 17 pages on the past
- Laboratory Tests – 50 blood tests to forecast the future
- Physical Exam – Demo Exam.
- Risk Profiles & Solutions, Identifying ‘Normal’ vs. ‘Optimal’
- Performance Data = A strategy for Quality of Life
- Organising the Facts
- Building Personal Programs.
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Inflammation – putting the fires out
- pH – the acid story of an alkaline king
- Protocols for Action – C.A.D. Dementia & Type 3 Diabetes, Auto-Immune Disorders, Diabesity & Obesity, Optimal lifestyles, Cancer, Osteo,
- Lifestyle = Medicine, Prevention = Cure
- Delivering the Sustainable Action Plan
- How to follow the patient and chart their results
- Patient Education Issues, Resources for Clients
- Nutraceuticals – programs
- Exercise – specific needs for specific types
- Meditation and Brain Gym
- Diets – that work with different issues
- How to run a low volume, high Q of L Practice of Lifestyle Medicine
MODULE 2. FOUR-DAY FELLOWSHIP AT IAPPL HEADQUARTERS
Your 5 day Fellowship (35 hours) is a ‘hands-on’ interactive Clinic where you not only put together your personal program, but observe how one of the most successful Lifestyle Medicine Clinics in Australasia actually works. You go behind the scenes, and experience exactly how we problem solve and educate our clients. You also get to participate in the front end (how the office works) and back end (how the provider provides) procedures that you will duplicate and adapt in your own setting. Available NOW. Specific inclusions:
- Your personal Lifestyle Program
- Intake History
- Labs – 50 tests
- Written program
- 12 months mentoring
- Operations training in the Clinic
- Templates to manage clients
- Daily lunch but does not include flights, lodging and additional meals
Note the following prerequisites apply for Fellowship.
- Active IAPPL membership
- Completion of ‘Module 1.’
- Reading ‘Live Now – Die Later, Starkhealth’
- Laboratory Tests and fees paid in advance.
MODULE 3. REQUIRED READING – THE SHORTLIST
For the IAPPL Qualification Examination you will require a working knowledge of these seminal references in the practice of Lifestyle Medicine. In addition, a recommended video/YouTube watchlist is provided to full course members.